Regardless of how discovered you are – not at all, on your way, or “arrived”, – a new level of being discovered is always possible! DMA partners with artists at every level – the emerging and seasoned artist!
At discoverMYart (“DMA”) we classify artists into two categories: The “typical artist” and the “busyness artist”.
The typical artist is, well, your typical artist. That is, he is clearly artistic and creative, but has little skills or desire with regards to the business aspect of his artwork. He needs assistance in managing and marketing his creativity.
The busyness artist is both creative and business-minded. She is a business artist. They are able and have the desire to manage and market their creativity as if it were a business. We most often call them a ‘busyness artist’ because whilst they have business acumen they are just too busy to put it into effect. The busyness artist also needs assistance.
To understand who DMA is and what it does, it is easiest by defining who we are not.
- DMA is not merely another site to list your artwork and hope that somehow it will be discovered there. DMA does not promote itself, it promotes you!
- The site, www.discovermyart.com, is not the marketing tool. It is the reference point for your artwork. The true marketing and networking is done behind the scenes.
- We do not just market and promote your artwork. We do it specifically! See yourself as the creator of fishing lures. Each artist creates different lures. Not all fish are attracted to the same lures. We, DMA, find the waters and the fish where your lures will work.
In addition, DMA also can assist you in managing your artwork in the following ways:
- Manage the entire process of professionally producing prints of your original artwork.
- Keep your existing collectors and followers updated with events, exhibitions, achievements, new works, etc with regards to you.
- When we sell your works, we handle the admin, shipping, and returns process if any.
It costs nothing to partner with DMA. We work for our cut just as you work for yours. DMA will take a commission on artworks sold. The percentage of commission collected by DMA is uniquely determined by agreement between DMA and the artist as each artists’ needs are unique.
Commission taken by DMA can range from ten percent (10%) to fifty percent (50%) depending on a number of factors such as popularity of artist, does the artist need prints made, does the artist merely want to list their art with us without any active marketing required, etc.
To reach a new level of being discovered, fill in our artist bio form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition attach at least three (3) high quality images of your work. Please provide details for each artwork such as description, actual size, medium used, etc.